- Job : Digital Accessibility Consultant, Web Developer
- From : Melbourne, Australia
- Email : email@example.com
- Website : www.recreateweb.com.au
- Web Development
- HTML & CSS
- Adobe CQ5
Latest Tweets by @ademcifci
I'm Adem Cifcioglu
Since 2001, I've worked professionally as an accessibility specialist / web developer on all kinds of web projectsólarge and small for companies ranging from not for profits to insurance brokers and large corporates.
My focus has been on accessibility and best practice, I'm a big fan of inclusive design, and believe that the web has the power to change people's lives. It should be usable by all, regardless of ability.
Working with the W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) I provide accessibility advice, and develop websites considering accessibility at all stages of development, from design right through to deployment.
I'm a member of the Australian Web Industry Association (AWIA) and organiser of the Melbourne Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design Meet-up.
In 2012 I founded Recreate Web, a Melbourne based company specialising in accessibility, accessible development and accessibility strategy.
Recreate Web - Digital Accessibility Consultant / Founder
Responsible for day to day business operations, project management and client liaison, as well as accessibility consulting, accessibility training and workshops, and web development.
National Australia Bank - Digital Accessibility Consultant
Responsible for implementing and advocating for Accessibility across a broad range of areas including Technology & Procurement.
Main focus areas:
- Setting digital accessibility strategy ensure accessibility is part of the end to end asset lifecycle.
- Driving a culture of inclusive design, raising awareness about the benefits of accessibility and the technical know-how to achieve it.
- Delivering outcomes aligned to the Accessibility Action Plan
- Design & implement an Accessibility testing program for online systems.
- Provide technical assistance and remediation guidance to designers / developers with regard to accessibility issues.
National Australia Bank - Web Developer/Accessibility Lead
- Played critical role in the development of the organizations Accessibility Action Plan
- Responsible for development of internal accessibility standards
- Provided consulting services and expert advice to content partners, technology teams and agencies, to develop quality, standards based web content.
- Reviewed supplied work against W3C WCAG guidelines as well as internal best practice development standards and guidelines.
- Provided technical expertise and support in the design, development and delivery of online solutions consistent with best practice, standards and guidelines.
- Lead implementation of WAI-ARIA in website templates as part of website redesign project.
National Australia Bank - Web Developer
- Front end development lead in project to move nab.com.au from table based layout to structured / standards based layout
- Development of accessible data table template for use on nab.com.au website
Techno Marketing Pty Ltd - Web Developer
- PHP/MySQL module/component development and implementation
- General HTML/CSS coding
- PHP/MySQL Coding based on client requests
- Mambo / Joomla CMS development
Education and qualifications
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility Compliance - University of South Australia
- B.Info.Tech. (Computing and Internet Technology) - RMIT University
- Melbourne Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design Meet-up (Founder 2012): a group with the aim of regularly connecting Melbourne's web and accessibility community, allowing us to share our knowledge, network and exchange ideas.
- A11y Bytes Melbourne (Organiser): an evening of lightning talks to raise the profile of and spark discussion about digital accessibility and different user's needs and preferences.